Northvale's early history can be placed back to Henry Hudson, who explored the area from the New York Harbor up the palisades. All of the land in the borough of Northvale was bought from the local Leni-Lenape Indians in 1681. In 1887, Northvale, then known as "Neuwy" was described as a quiet town of 400, mostly French & Italians, who conducted quite an extensive business in the manufacture of materials for artificial flowers. In May of 1916, when Northvale officially became a borough of Bergen County, it had a population of 827 and the highest tax rate in the County.
|Town Name: Northvale|
|City Hall: Northvale Borough Hall|
|Address: 116 Paris Avenue, Northvale NJ 07647|
|Phone Number: 201-767-3330|
|Distance to NYC: 25 miles|
|Town Website: http://www.boroughofnorthvale.com/|
|Library Website: http://www.bccls.org|
|Water Service: Hackensack Water Company|
|Gas & Electric: P.S.E.&G./Rockland Electric|
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2020 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Last date updated: Jun 5, 2020 5:00:am.
Source: New Jersey Multiple Listing Service, Inc.
© 2020 New Jersey Multiple Listing Service, Inc, All Rights Reserved.